Wednesday, February 21, 2018

THE MEASUREMENT OF EXCELLENCE


There are two inventions that are under rated that have changed the dynamics of many lives and industries.  These two items are the yard stick and the plumb line.  Dictionary.com gives these definitions: a stick a yard long, commonly marked with subdivisions, used for measuring: any standard of measurement or judgment.  A plumb line: a line (as of cord) that has at one end a weight and is used specifically to determine verticality, or being straight.
It is so important in the world of measurement that we use the right tool for judgement. In construction particularly, a straight line is critical to the integrity of the structure.  The correct measurement determines the excellence of the structure.
I’ve spent so many years of my life off course and scrambling.  I yearned to find that guide or benchmark to steady me, to show me the right course and how to get back on track.  
I’m so glad that while on this quest, Jesus met me along the way.  He heard my cry and set the solution before me.  I now have His Word and His Spirit.
The Word is my yardstick. It gives me the distance which I should travel.  It charts the course of my life in Christ with measurable and obtainable goals.  It shows when I’ve accomplished the task.  The Spirit is the power that enables me to move through life’s challenges.  It encourages me and picks me up when I’ve fallen off the path.  It’s a symbol of the love that provided it and the sign of my impending victory.
One day we all will be tested and measured for our integrity and verticality.
If you’re feeling a bit off the mark or coming up short in life, I recommend you contact Jesus to receive the tools that He so freely gives, His Word and Spirit. Once you have these, you too can be a measurement of excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment