Sunday, May 24, 2020

Write on, Write on




I’ve been writing since 2007.  But much of my writing, in the past years, have been academic in nature. I began seminary school on a quest to quench the thirst in my soul to find more of God, a place, a deeper and more fulfilling reservoir for my soul to bask in.  But as chances have it, I’ve been consumed with academic goals and grade that my regular inspirational writing has suffered, if not come to a complete halt.  Now, my soul is feeling another type of lace.  I find myself in a quandary.  I was given a Word from the Lord to write of His Glory. My challenge is, when I’d done with my academic assignments, I’m exhausted and my inspiration is spent.  I go into survival mode and my goal is to take a nap or eat a snack.  


Recently, a feeling of being unfulfilled and slightly disobedient has risen in my spirit.  There is an urgency where I must rectify my situation.  Simply put, I must write about my wonderful God.

Many of you who have put down a dream or talent and pursued a career, education, or raising a family, understand my dilemma of the time-energy-inspiration-continuum or cycle in life.  But as my original writing experience was hewn out of a hard place, in the midnight and early morning hours.  I have no valid excuse.  


So, I will begin to do what my soul also loves and needs by rededicating time, energy, resources to writing a bout the God I love and adore, who by the way is the champion of all my stories.

Maybe you too have stopped chasing something God had designed for you to do? Maybe you too are feeling a bit unfulfilled? Then let’s make a change that one day and one step at a time we will move to regain that fulfillment and satisfaction for our spirit that only obedience can bring.  It’s going to be hard and it won’t happen overnight.  But with persistence, it will happen and our full joy will return.

I’m ready to begin, are you? Push through whatever is holding you back. The Lord will meet us there to bless us. I’m gonna write on, write on.

No comments:

Post a Comment