Sunday, June 2, 2019

Give Me What I Want



I apologize to you all and I am ashamed it’s taken so long for me to post on my blog, but my life has changed.   I can give all the excuses in the world but they all lead to the fact, I haven’t posted. Sometime we can take things for granted or miss their deeper significance or purpose.  I began to realize the part the blogs played in my life and how all it began in 2007.  They began in a season where God asked me a question or posed the answer, it seems to be two-edged scenario.  His words to me were, who could write of my (his) glory.  My writing career, yes, career, as well and my life pursuit today began in the attempt to fulfill this command.

Recently I’ve had this urging in my soul saying, give me what I want. Now I know it’s God and like most, I thought I was doing just that. I know many of you would never do this but as an inquisitive child of God, I asked what more do I need to do. God sweetly spoke in my soul, “more of you”.

At first, I felt like the husband who works two jobs, brings home flowers, or the wife who takes care of the 10 children, has a hot meal on the table each day, confused as these acts not being recognized as giving “me” to God. But upon close examination, I saw that these things can become duties and repetitious acts, hollow in their expression to those we do them for.

In its simplest form, what God was looking for was more quality time with me.  People that give you money or gifts or elaborate words, or phone calls don’t necessarily love you, but anyone who sets aside time to be with you, expresses a real love.

So along with the things I do to honor Him or to grow to know more about Him, I will add spending more time with Him, just to be at His feet and in His presence.  I expect to find many of the things I’ve been searching for in His presence.  The scripture says there is the fullness of joy in His presence; there is peace in His presence, as a first hand witness I know there is protection in His presence.  How could I have drifted doing His will? The greatest blessing of giving yourself to God and spending time with him to me is those moments you’re alone and He’ll speak from His heart to your soul.  He’ll give a revelation into your future and place in Him. Time flies in those moments and questions or burdens you’ve had for years are lifted with one word from Him.

Just as a parent for a lifetime draws their children close to them, one day they long for that child to come in the door on their own accord to spend time with them, to show their love and appreciation, just being in their presence, how much more so our creator, my God desires me and all to give Him what He wants, more of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment